Sunday 12 July 2015

The Nerd Files #6 | Supanova Weekend 2015 + Haul


Man, I love the season of nerd cons. Meeting stars from some of my fave tv shows and movies, looking at the detail that people put into their cosplays and the general atmosphere of like-minded people just makes me feel happy and comfortable. Can you already believe that this time last year, I was writing up a similar post?! I love nerd cons and Supanova holds a special place in my heart because they bring the best celebs.

I'll share the photos below but you're going to have to get through the haul first {or scroll down to have a nosey and come back, do what you please, I WON'T STOP YOU!}.


We walked to the Popcultcha stall which had a deal of 3 for $40 on POP Vinyl figurines, which is actually a pretty good deal considering that they cost $17AUD EACH! I couldn't pass it up! So I searched the disney section because really, do you know who I am?? And found Cogsworth {the clock}, Lumiere {the candlestick} and Mrs Potts with Chip {the real baes of beauty and the beast}. I'm still deciding if I should take them out of the box or not?? SEND HELp.


This year my cousin and I swore that we were not going to buy artwork from the artists this year because we really have no more walls. But my cousin caved with captain america posters and then I saw this really cool divider that was covered in Captain America comic strips. I just asked the lady if it was for sale and shoved my money in her face. Not really, but kinda really.. I was going to put eyeshadow palettes in it so I could see them all but it's a little bit too big so I'll just use it for uni books on my desk.


And then I purchased one of the most pointless things ever and I know it. A keyring with Chris Pratt's face from Jurrasic World {that movie tho, yaaas}. You don't need to question my thought process. But Chris Pratt. That is all.

THE WEEKEND
As for weekend roundup, my best friend and I went both days so we could split up meet and greets with shopping and looking at stores and cosplays. Looking back, I should have taken more photos but Saturday was madness and we walked around like sardines in a tin, so packed, everybody invading my personal space, so I didn't whip my camera out. And then on Sunday, I was running around like a mad woman getting photos and last minute autographs.

On Saturday, I met Elizabeth Henstridge from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. If you follow me on twitter, then you would know that my fam and I literally binge watched this show about 2-3 weeks ago and obsessed would be an understatement. I was so nervous but she was so lovely and she had the coolest varsity jacket with the SHIELD emblem on it. I decided that I couldn't live without an autograph so I went and had a chat to her about nail polish and her jacket {someone made it for her} and she is just perf.


Then I met Danielle Panabaker who I was a fan of since I was young and first saw her on Disney Channel in a movie called Stuck in the Suburbs with Brenda Song. Now she is in The Flash, which is one of my favourite TV shows alongside SHIELD and Arrow so I just HAD to meet this woman and get an autograph. She had no wait line so I didn't have time to prepare myself so I stumbled across all my words bc I was talking to freaking Caitlin Snow. We talked about her time in my city, disney channel, supanova weekend and when she was going home. I walked away feelin' good.


Elizabeth and Danielle were definitely the highlight as I had more interactions with them, rather than just a photo, but I'll skim through the other people that I met. Also on Saturday as a last minute decision, I met Nathan Fillion bc once in a lifetime. What made me do it was the fact that he was in Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place and of course Castle. He was pleasant to meet, he shook your hand, asked you your name and was like "Nice to meet you (insert name here)" or "Thanks for coming out (name)". Really great guy who gives a nice squeeze cuddle {my awkward arms though}.


Sunday.. The day that was dedicated to all things Harry Potter. My friends have always been obsessed and then hooked me in one day when I was like 14 and I have never looked back. I think I've mentioned it before but I haven't read the series until this year, I'm currently on the third book and it is amaze *praying hands emoji*. And the movies are pretty good too so I met Jason Isaacs aka Lucius Malfoy and Bonnie Wright aka sweet Ginny Weasley.


Whoop, there it is. 
It's been two weeks and I'm having post supanova sadness, but It'll be back next year and I can't wait until then. Hope you liked this post, tell me about your nerd obsessions!

Also it was my birthday yesterday, the big two- ohh. I'm planning to do a birthday haul, would you be keen on it?
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig