Wednesday 4 February 2015

Orange Reds To Spice Up The Summer

Burnt orange is by far one of my favourite colours! Something about the orange undertones adds a freshness to the classic staple red which I personally love. Just thinking about the shade is making me feel giddy, so I have collected some of my fave hot orange red products that put a smile on my dial and a tap to my finger nails.



Rimmel 60 Second "Sun Downer"
This polish is the truest burn't orange you ever did see. The application isn't the best in terms of the brush creating dented streaks {possibly coming down to the way I apply it + it being kinda old}. BUT if you are looking for a nail polish that won't break the bank and gives bombin' pay off, this is it.

Essie "Geranium"
oh man, I have been on the hunt for this shade for a while and I could never justify paying full price for Essie Polishes here in Aus {$17AUD?!}. You wouldn't believe that I finally tracked it down and it was half price! What are the odds?! Looks amazing on your hands as it provides a fresh alternative to red. Anyways, you guys should know by now that I am a fan of the formulation of Essie polishes and this one doesn't quite hit the nail on the head as it is a little thin but they can't all be perfect right?

MAC "Lady Danger"
ah, my fave! You guys know that lady danger is a staple in my collection. I'll keep it short and simple. The prefect orange red to be honest! It has a matte finish that I will admit that can be drying at times but for the most part, it is creamy on application and is only drying towards the 4/5 hour mark!  Perfect dupe for this baby is further down, keep reading ;)



Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick in "Femme Fatale"
I purchased this baby during boxing day sales and I resisted to wear it as it was a matte formula that I thought would be soooo chalky. Nope, I couldn't have been more wrong. The formula is incredibly creamy on application, feels so comfortable on the lips {for a matte formula} and  it wears beaut-i-ful-ly, leaving a lovely stain with no lip liner effect, heck yeah. I managed to go through pasta and ice-cream without reapplication! Also I bought it on sale and it was quite affordable! What more could you want?!

Lime Crime "Suede Berry" Velveteen
Suede Berry looks more corally than hot orange red through the tube, but I assure you this the brightest red orange that I have ever seen in my whole life. If you want to make a statement, this is it! It is a liquid lipstick that dries matte and it lasts 5eva. Seriously, it stains your lips and doesn't transfer when it's dry! I'm still iffy about if I like the formula or not. Some times my lips are fine if I prep them hardcore but most of the time, it makes my lips feel a little tight and dry. oh well!

I love dedicating posts to specific colours, especially if it happens to be my absolute fave colour in the WORLD. I don't wear the lipsticks during the day unless I'm going fancy but for every day, I find nails is the best way to rock a bold colour without looking over the top!

Do you have a thing for orange reds too?!
If not, what is your favourite go to shade when you are feeling bold and daring?!
xx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love MAC Lady Danger color ♡ it's beautiful! One of my current favorite colors of lipstick. I think it will go perfect to wear it with Essie nail polish.

    www.lifelovebeautyparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig