Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Christmas Splurge

Mecca. Mecca. Mecca.

I promised myself that I would save my Christmas money, but that all went out the window when I placed an order with a few treats. Everything that I bought were things that I have had my eye on for a VERY long time, but didn't see the need to purchase it at the time. But lo and behold, I was like "new year, new makeup" and bought all the items on my wish list.


First into the basket was the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette. I am such a fan of crayon brow products as most of them have a flat, angled thing going on which is so easy to apply. This brow "pencil" isn't really a pencil, it's retractable and reminds me of a more expensive version of my trusty smash box brow pencil. The colour match is pretty spot on for my brows which is a relief as it was kind of expensive and the colour range was a bit iffy. It also has a spoolie on the other side to brush those brows into place and the packaging in general feels so luxe.

I also picked up the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in "Kalahari" which has been on my wish list since before it got really popular with all the in crowd. There is a vintage bronzy gold which reminds me a little of my MAC "Woodwinked" shadow {and you guys KNOW how much I love that one} and the other shadow is more of a brownish shade with plum undertones which looks incredible when swatched. No matter how many times I took photos, the shades wouldn't show true to colour with this one!! D:  WHY UNIVERSE, WHYYY!??! They are more darker in real life!

The next product was an in store purchase which was the Hourglass Femme Rouge Lipstick in "Edition". I walked in and asked the lady about a nice nude with pink undertones specifically from Hourglass as I'm weird like that. She talked through some of them but my eyes kept reverting to this bad boy. She offered to try it on me and I was like "HECK YEAH" and then it was love at first mirror sight. It has micro glitters in it which give with amazing shine on your lips, making them look plump and healthy. The shade suits my skin tone really nicely and it looks GREAT with an attempt of a smokey eye or wings, always wings.


Another lipstick, as if I don't own enough already. But hey, the heart wants what the heart wants. I purchased the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in "Calypso" which I would describe as a bright pinky coral. MMMHm, I be loving coral lipsticks at the moment and dang this one is so nice. I haven't had the chance to wear it out yet as I've been either at work or at home {#sociallifelvl9000} BUT I'M EXCITED TOO! I've heard great things!

And lastly Bare Minerals bought out some nice sets for the holiday season and I had been eyeing The Magic Act Palette which has a combination of 6 eyeshadows and 4 large blushers. Holy moly. I haven't tried anything from Bare Minerals before, but every time I go into mecca, the display tries to reel me in. The eyeshadow side is what excites me the most as I'm an eyeshadow gal, the third and fourth shade are so pretty!! They all are so creamy and pigmented and blend sooo nicely together! I love how the shades are more on the rosy side with the darker shades having plum undertones. ohhhyeah. There is also one blush that I can't stop looking at with purple/mauvy undertones and can't wait to brush it all over my cheeks too. PLUS the packaging is pure cuteness, black and white with fold out windows!

This will probably be the last time in a while where high end makeup will be hauled like this. I made a beauty resolution to make a serious conscious effort to get through the makeup in my stash! #savethemonies

Have you done any hauling recently?!
Link me up baby, I would love to read your post! :D
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig