Saturday 27 December 2014

T'was The Christmas Lipstick

A red lip is always a must when it comes to the holiday season in my opinion. Something about a red lip is classy while also shouting "CHRISTMAS" from the rooftops. I thought it was time to treat myself to a high end red lipstick for the holidays, that wasn't MAC's Ruby Woo.

The release of the NARS Audacious Lipstick collection caught my eyes however every time I went into Mecca Cosmetica, they didn't have any shades that appealed to me that were a real stand out. That was of course, until I saw this one lonely {but badass} red lipstick in an array of pinks and nudes.

 Sorry for the incredibly bad iPhone photo! 

NARS "Rita" is a beautiful scarlet red with warm undertones. I think it is the perfect red! Bold statement, why yes, but bold lips? Even more yes. The lipstick has a creamy formula and is incredibly opaque in one swipe. I can't comment on feathering as every time I go for a red lip, I just have to use a lip liner {The Rimmel one if you were wondering} due to fear of clown mouth. But it has a beautiful stain to it and slightly fades in the centre of the lips after a a big meal. It wears really nicely and it feels incredibly comfortable on the lips. I wore this lipstick on Christmas and I got SO many compliments on it!! I loved pairing this red lipstick with plain one wash eyeshadow and a simple cat flick! puuuurfect-o

Also, big shout out to the packaging of this lipstick collection. It's soooo different to the normal NARS matte packaging which is a lovely change. The lid is also magnetic which makes the lipstick feel even more luxurious. 

What lipstick did you wear on Christmas Day?
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig