Tuesday 25 November 2014

Getting Carried Away at MAC

On the weekend, I treated myself with a unnecessary shopping spree to congratulate myself on finishing Uni. Now.. I'm not going to lie but I got a bit carried away at the MAC counter because I literally get overwhelmed with the choices they give me and I CAVED!

I picked up three lipsticks. T H R E E. {madness}. 

The first one that caught my eye from the bullet was Lovelorn which is a lustre finish. I am a big fan of MAC's lustre finishes because I think they look so natural for every day use. They are sheer and have just enough sheen to it to look like you have put effort into your face. Lovelorn is described by MAC as an "Emotive Blue Pink" which I have to agree, it's a medium blue toned pink. It really is the perfect pink for me and I never thought I would love a pink lipstick so much in my life.

The next one that purchased was Hot Gossip which is described by MAC as a "Mid Toned Pinky Plum" with a cremesheen formula. First off, the colour is beyond incredible! It's a really natural pink shade that has obvious plum undertones. It can be applied sheer, has a sheeny finish and is buildable. It is a more bold {darker} "my lips but better shade". This is the first lipstick I own with a cremesheen formula so I'm not extremely confident with explanations. But from my experience, it glides on smoothly and fades nicely because the colour is so light.


The last lipstick that I purchased was Brave which is described by MAC as "A muted pink-beige with a very subtle white pearl overtone" with a satin formula. On first swipe, Brave is more pigmented then the other lipsticks that I bought because of the formula. The shade is soooo different to anything I own already as it is a mauve pink with hints of brown making it what some would say the perfect 90s lip shade {the trend you either love to love or love to not love}. 

I also picked up a blush from the permanent line in Mocha which is a "soft plum-pink" according to MAC. I would have to agree that it has plum undertones in the pan, but when swatched "Mocha" is more of a natural pink. It has a matte finish which is kinda scary to me as nearly all my blushes have some sort of shimmer to them. But this blush is ohsoooo lovely! The neutral pink colour is just perfect for my skin tone, it warms up my face and because it is matte, it looks so much natural during the day {if you don't go overboard with it bc girl this blush is crazy pigmented}.


Left to right: (Lipsticks) Lovelorn, Hot Gossip, Brave & Mocha (Blush)

Overall, I would have to say that I am pleased with all these purchases. My favourite purchase is definitely "Lovelorn" because it is the perfect pink lipstick for my skin tone! I can't wait to experiment more with these lipsticks as they are all so pretty. PINKS ARE MY WEAKNESS.

What's on your MAC lipstick wish list?!
xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig