Saturday 11 October 2014

The Skincare Splurge

I don't think I've ever dedicated a whole post to skincare before because I have issues with my skin and just recently getting of roaccutane, I thought I would treat my year and a half journey with some luxe-o skincare to help treat the aftermath left behind. Now I'm making it sound worse than it really is, but I get disheartened about my skin and get frustrated with foundations not having enough coverage or not sitting on my dry skin. ALAS, I splurged on some skincare bits and bobs from Mecca Cosmetica and David Jones to get my skin back in check... hopefully! Instead of a normal haul telling you "how excited I am to try this", I thought it would be cool to give some first impressions/how it went down with my skin in a couple weeks!


REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel
I used the normal cleansing gel {with the blue stripe} when I was on accutane so I knew that the gel designed for sensitive skin was going to go down well too. They actually changed the packaging slightly as last time the product looked like a sack of gel in the middle of the bottle but this time they included the thing that pushes the product up every time you pump it out {JA FEEL?}. I use this after I take my makeup off and it is supposed to leave my skin feeling "soothed from irritation and tightness". First impressions~ the smell is not my cup of tea but bearable. It is a gel consistency which doesn't irritate my skin and when I finish using it, my skin is definitely looking less red. So far so good!

REN Radiance Perfection Serum
Now this baby is the one I am most excited about. I have a dull and uneven skin tone with redness from scars and irritation, I am HOPING that this works with that. This product claims to make "skin look energised, radiant and even toned" while also claiming to "help reduce the appearance of sun damaged skin and hyper pigmentation". At first I was really scared to use this serum as I was worried that it would like burn my skin off or something but I assure you that it didn't! ;) The smell has like an orangey scent to it in my opinion. It squirts out of the pump like a mix between a serum and a moisturiser and I always use half a pump as for me, one whole pump is too much!! And it just applies so smoothly and evenly on the skin. After a week of using this product, I definitely noticed an improvement with the redness and overall tone of my skin. My mum even notices that my redness has gone down in the morning which is a total win in my opinion!



Origins Drink Up-Intensive Overnight Mask
I'm kind of cheating with this one because I got it before the other products to see if it would help moisturise my skin. I bought this because Lily Pebbles talked about it and how much she loves it and personally I am still on the fence about it. It smells amazing, like a sweet green tea or something - so I'll give it that, which it does linger so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I feel like I can't use too much of this at one time because it gets all slimey just as you go to lie on your pillow. Sometimes I have to put my overnight cream on top which I don't know if that's what you are allowed to do but SCREW YOU SKINCARE PO PO!! I'm going to use it based on how it moisturises my skin.

Kate Somerville CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream
At first I thought it was lack of sleep that was making my circles bad but turns out good ol' genetics blessed me with some fine genes. I have dark eyelids too which makes putting on concealer and eyeshadows such a drag because the shades don't show their true colours! :( So I did my research and came across the Kate Somerville eye cream which seemed to work for a lot of people. This bottle was so expensive it made me tear up at the counter but if it does what it's supposed to then it'll be worth it. I would like to mention that it is spring right now where I live and allergies. I have not used this properly since I have got it as my eyes are always itchy and sore! Maybe it'll get shown on the blog in the future?? {don't quote me on that}.

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask
I saw that a lot of people were blogging about this at one stage and Antipodes just seems like such a cool brand so naturally I wafted over to the shelves and picked it up. I haven't used it yet as I wanted to see how the other products play out on my skin first before I throw in some more new things however, this mask has generally had great reviews so I'm sure that it will work a treat mixed in with the other products that I purchased.


ANNNND that's it! If you kept reading this massive post and got to this point, I applaude you! I know I went cray but I rarely buy new skincare products and it was just time to treat myself! Have you got any skincare products that you have been loving at the mo? I would love to check some more things out! :D
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig