Monday 14 July 2014

The Birthday Face

It was my birthday on Friday the 11th {wooo!}. I went out to dinner and to see the musical "Grease" with my parents on my birthday night which was freaking amazing {I love a good musical + the food at dinner was delicious, uGH yum!!}. The day after, I had my friends over and then we went to the movies to see 22 Jump Street. This makeup is from the movie day on Saturday bc natural lighting was SO not on my side on Friday afternoon. 


You guys know that I rarely change up my foundation routine, I know, I know. Boring, boring but these products I use just work so well together on my skin and it lasts all day and into the dark of nights! The only thing I did switch up was a primer which is the Stila One Step Correct which was really good at reducing redness and making my skin look more alive.

Just a quick back story as to why I use so many products - I have really bad + dark acne scarring which is a bit hard for me to talk about but these products are what I use to cover them all up.  I conceal with my L'oreal True Match Concealer and Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer and then my Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup with my Clinique Almost Powder Makeup on top! {+ Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser under my eyes to over dem dark circles girl}. phew, that was too many products


I worked from the brows down, so I started with my Smashbox Brow Tech To Go then primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion I then decided to go with my favourite eyeshadow combinations in terms of colour. I must admit that I dig a good gold and brown combo and it was a really nice change from the Naked 3 palette which has been my go-to palette lately. I used MAC "Woodwinked" all over the lid with my new and shiny By Terry Ombre Blackstar in "Bronzed Moon"  on the outer corner. I still can't understand how to blend the crayon out because once it's on, you don't have much time to work with it. I found that blending out with my fingers was alright but it just sheers the colour out! Any tips?


As always, I added a wing because thats who I am! I JUST LOVE DRAWING CAT EYES AND WINGS omg! Ja feel? I used the always trusty Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner which always works a treat! I curled my lashes with my new baby, the Japonesque Power Curl Eyelash Curler and applied a coat of the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara. Now after wearing this mascara, I remembered why I don't use it as often, the silly thing irritates my eyeballs and it does smudge a little bit even though it's waterproof. So I regret wearing that mascara..


My favourite blush at the moment is MAC "Sea Me, Hear Me" which is from the Alluring Aquatic Collection and is a really nice neutral pink shade. I'm having trouble with my brushes not picking up the product properly, but boy this blush looks amazing and it lasts all day! And lastly, lips! I decided to go all out with a bright, fun colour because WHY NOt?! I went with a Revlon Lacquer Balm in "Tease" which is a beautiful orange shade and compliments the gold and brown eyeshadow combo! :D

What's your favourite eyeshadow colour combination?
xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig