Friday 18 July 2014

A DUPE for Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream"

When I bought the Deborah Lippmann "Mermaid's Dream" Nail Polish and showed you guys in a haul, most of you guys LOVED this nail polish. I do too! It's such a lovely and unique nail polish. I know Deborah Lippmann Nail Polishes are crazy expensive so I wanted to find a dupe that was more affordable and more accessible for everyone. Lo and behold, I have found one! Its the Revlon Parfumerie in "Wintermint".


First of all, these two nail polishes look SO SIMILAR but have a few differences. As Revlon's "Wintermint" is from the Parfumerie range, it does have a strong minty scent when you apply it and once it's dry. I personally don't like mint so this polish requires a bit of tolerance on my behalf. Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream" is not scented, it just has that normal nail polish smell.


Both nail polishes have that sea foam base colour with "Wintermint" being a hint lighter but the glitters differ slightly. I noticed that "Mermaid's Dream" has more chunky blue glitters while the blue chunky glitters in "Wintermint" are quite sparse. Other than the blue chunky glitters, Revlon's "Wintermint" goes on a tad sheerer so you have to build it up a little.



I personally prefer Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream" because it's more pigmented and is fragrance free. I just think that for those who don't want to fork out big $$ for a nail polish, Revlon's "Wintermint" is a great alternative! + the bottle is too cute!
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig