Friday 27 June 2014

Supanova Makeup

When it comes to making a title for a post, I'm pretty unoriginal. I thought I would share the makeup that I wore last weekend to Supanova. When it comes to long days, I tend to stick with the products that I know can withstand the crowded conditions, last all day without budging and photograph well.


First up, I used Benefit's POREfessional Pro Balm to prime my face to create an even base and to make my makeup last longer. Honestly, I rarely switch up my foundations and concealers because it took me ages to figure out what works for me and covers what I want it to cover. So I use a thin layer of the L'oreal True Match Concealer {in 3 cream} to reduce the redness in my face + cover up some blemishes. I then go in with another concealer, the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Concealer {in shade 02} which is a little more heavy duty and covers all my blemishes. Before applying foundation, I cover my dark circles with my trusty Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser and beauty blender which works a treat.


After concealing, I apply a thin layer of my Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup {in 02 Fresh Ivory - this oxidises hardcore} which then covers everything up. And then to set everything, I lightly dust the Clinique Almost Powder Makeup {in 03 light} which adds a little extra coverage so my makeup will last all day. I know this seems like an intense face makeup routine but I have normal-dry skin filled with tonnes of acne scarring that is next to impossible to cover up. In real life, this makeup has a really natural finish {no cakey business going on here madam} and the colour matches my skin pretty good.


ONTO DUH FUN STUFF! I work from my brows down so I used the Smashbox Brow Tech To Go {in Brunette} to fill in my brows. I really like this crayon/gel combo because the colour matches my brows exactly and the gel doesn't go crunchy. I then primed my eyelids with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion so I know my eyeshadow won't budge all day {no fallout, no creases, no loss of pigmentation of shadows}. I also used my favourite palette at the moment which is the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette to create a simple rosy eye look. I used "Burnout" on the lid, "Liar" on the outer corner, "Limit" to blend the two together in the crease and "Strange" on the brow bone.


I don't like to muck around with trying new eyeliners on special days so I retreated to my favourite eyeliner in the history of the world which is the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner to create a wing {which I must admit, was the best wing I have ever done in my life on first go! :O}. I then waited for my eyeliner to dry so then I could curl my lashes with my new Japonesque Power Curl Eyelash Curler {omg no words! IT'S JUST SO GOOD!}. And then to finish the eye look, I applies two thin coats of my favourite Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara {Just incase if the tears escape from my eyes when I see John Barrowman}.


Normally at these types of events when they have the fancy photographers there with their fancy equipment, my blush NEVER shows up. I tried a new one that looks natural in real life and I hoped would show up a little in the photo. I used the Bourjois Baked Blush {in Rose Frisson}. I skipped all the contour/highlighter business because rarely ever include that in my routine. As for lips, prepped them with the Korres Lip Butter {in Jasmine} and then applied the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream {in Milan}. I really loved the balance between these two. The lip butter kept my lips moisturised and the matte lip cream made the shade last almost 6 hours without touch ups.


So that was the makeup that I wore on both days to Supanova. It's my personal favourite way to cover all my scars, draw attention to my eyes with a simple lip which doesn't need too much attention during the day.
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig