Thursday 19 June 2014

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint

Kat Von D is not a very assessable brand in Australia which crushes my soul a little bit. I have always wanted to try her concealers and foundations but I can't bring myself to take the risk of buying an expensive foundation online and then it being the wrong shade {ultimate fear}. I did manage to find the Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint and ohmygoodness. I know what you're thinking.. ANOTHER NEUTRAL EYESHADOW PALETTE MEL? Gawsh come on!
I know.. I can't help it!


First let's applaud the box packaging! It's pretty cool! THEN you get to the actual packaging and ohmg it get's even cooler. The packaging comes in a black plastic casing that has roses carved into it which is Kat Von D's signature look {she is a tattoo artist}.The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that it has a spring where to two sides connect and the lid flips open quickly when you press the silver button. When you open the palette, there is a full size mirror, a total of 8 neutral eyeshadows and a deluxe sample size of the Kat Von D Autograph Pencil. I don't know if my palette was a dud, but one of my shadows isn't sitting in the palette properly which questions how long this palette lasts before it goes to eyeshadow heaven.


As I said before, the palette contains 8 neutral shades. 5 satin/shimmery shades, 2 glitters and 1 matte shade. All of the satin shades are feel like velvet and the others have a smooth and soft texture. Every single shade in this palette is completely wearable and definitely complement each other well. The colour payoff is pretty good, better than Chi Chi palettes, maybe just behind or even on par with the Urban Decay Naked Palettes? {I know, big call!}. I found that these shadows should be worn with an eyeshadow primer as some of the lighter shades wear off and disappear pretty quickly on the eyelid.  Normally in eyeshadow palettes, it's a pretty even battlefield when it comes to the amount of darker and lighter shades but not this one. There are 6 lighter shades which can be used on the lid with two complementing crease colours. Well done Kat Von D, well done! I like that I have more choice with what shade I use as the main eyelid colour!


The reasons for no swatcheroonies is that I believe that other people would give the colours justice through their swatches {not because it's too cold to take my arms out of my sweater in the cold......}. I wouldn't say that this is an essential palette to have in your collection, it is probably dupable {dupable? is that a word? well it is now.} by something way much cheaper however if you are a self confessed neutral eyeshadow lover who loves a good palette, then have a look at this one. 
xx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Its so so pretty!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful eyeshadow palette! I have been meaning to try her eyeshadows for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to buying a palette! Love the packaging!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I don't blame you for getting ANOTHER neutral palette because those shades are freaking gorgeous!!! I love how warm they are and peachy color is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful! Love the colour selection
    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig