Wednesday 11 June 2014

Autumn Nail Polish Picks

I have been working on this post for a couple of weeks now trying and testing all my favourite nail polish that I love to wear in autumn. I know that for most of you mother nature has given you sunshine and spring flowers, but in australia it has just changed into winter {I will do another one of these for winter too} so I thought I would share my favourite shades that I have been wearing this fall.


First up is Essie's "Fishnet Stockings" which is a red wine shade. Out of all the reds I do own, I feel like that this one is the classiest {fannnncy} as it is a darker shade of red. I genuinely like the formula of Essie nail polishes but for some reason, this one is very runny and I need patience to apply this one!

Next is another Essie one, I told you guys that I like this brand! This shade is "Bahama Mama" which is the perfect mix of purple and red that creates a port wine shade. This is a beauty cult favourite and I definitely think this is worth the hype as the formula is top notch, lasting power is great and the shade is just darn gorgeous.

Another similar shade is "Black Cherries" by Rimmel I love lasting finish. Its very similar to "Bahama Mama" but when applied with the same amount of coats, turns into a dark almost black with purple wine undertones {ya feel?}.  There are a few issues with the flat brush and streakyness but I forgive it because the colour is so lovely.

OUH! The next nail polish I have been loving is the Revlon Parfumerie in "Autumn Spice". This is the newest addition to my nail polish collection and the shade is like nothing I have seen before. I can tell that I'm going to butcher the colour of the shade because its so unique, but my eyes can see a brown base with golden and red shimmer? If you have the chance to look at it in the shops, you will know what I mean!! Aside from the colour, this nail polish has a warm cinnamon scent when it dries which is a nice touch, go revlon!


Green is not normally a shade that I turn too but dark green in Autumn? Heck. Yes. My favourite is "Acid House" by Rimmel Salon Pro which is a pearly dark green. 2 coats will set you right and it lasts for a couple of days which is really good for me!

A shade you guys might be familiar with as I talk about it all the time is from the Muppets Most Wanted Collection by OPI in the shade "Kermit Speak to Me". This nail polish needs no explanation because look at the shade! LOOK AT IT!

And the last nail polish I have been loving is "Commander in Chic" by Sally Hansen which I would call like a purple based mushroom {again, I'm so not great at explaining colours + the lighting is a bit off in these photos}. When I have been feeling the neutral nail in Autumn, I have been reaching for this one because it's not too dark but still gives off the Autumn vibe.

These are the nail polishes that I have been wearing almost every day in Autumn. What has been your favourite nail polish this season?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh I love the Revlon Parfumerie polish in Autumn Spice, the colour is so eye-catching and the scent is subtle but gorgeous. Perfect for the cooler months! Great post x

    Amy | Bubbles & Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, those shades are so pretty! I tend to just wear whatever colour I feel like at the time, they are currently silver, but in desperate need of a re-do. The only colour I have in Melbourne is pink, so I may have to rectify that, maybe get that Rimmel one, I am loving burgundy colours atm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of those shades! I would love to know what camera you use to take the pictures on your blog? I'm looking at getting a new one, and always love how your pictures come out! x

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig