Friday 16 May 2014

Sigma F80 Foundation Brush


Back in January I bought a Sigma foundation brush that most people have {crowd follower, I know!}. I wanted to test this brush out for a long time so I could properly review the longevity and all that. I bought my Sigma F80 brush from Redefining Beauty which ships sigma brushes to australia and it arrived all nice and new in a couple of days within placing my order.

The brush itself is a flat top kabuki brush with synthetic bristles that so soft . On first look, the brush is very dense. Like holy moly dense. I never squirt the foundation straight onto the brush because I find that it soaks the foundation up. I use the back of my hand to put majority of the foundation and then dot it onto my face and then blend with the brush. The brush itself is so lovely to blend out foundation giving an even coverage with no bristle marks or streaks.

After many, many cleans, the bristles are starting to fall out, not because it's a crappy brush but because of the way I clean it. I find the task of cleaning this brush to be so frustrating!!! I squish the bristles too hard and basically ruin the brush just trying to get the silly thing clean. As someone who uses baby shampoo {w0w so luxe} to wash brushes, this one is so annoying as it cleans the outside of the brush while leaving foundation stains in the centre!! Like what!? I have been recommended some tricks to stop that but I would love to know what you use to clean your brushes!!

I have been trialling this foundation brush for a long time and I think it is worth the money. It provides an even coverage and doesn't leave marks on my face which is all good in my books! Every now and then I like to go back to my Real Techniques Buffing Brush because it's softer on the face as it is less dense, but majority of the time I use my Sigma F80.

What type of foundation brush do you use?
And how do you clean them?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I looooooooooove this foundation brush, and it's all I basically use these days because I use it to apply my mineral foundation. It's so much softer than Real Techniques, and if I could, I would rub this all over my face all day, errday. I don't have any tips on washing the centre of the brush, but I agree, this thing is so darn difficult to clean ;-;

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Sigma kit for Christmas but this one wasn't included, I really wanna try it! That sucks about the washing - I don't really wash mine cos I'm too scared of ruining them haha (how gross am I :/) I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush for my foundation/BB creams and I love that so I'm happy for now :)

    http://emmakatex.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melissa

    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check and follow mine if you like.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sigma F80 is best used when it's squeaky clean! I'm someone who doesn't wash their brushes all the time, hence why I have more than just one foundation brush (bad I know). You should try the Daiso brush cleaner - it works well :)

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Nhi, I just got my hands on the Daiso brush cleaner and it's better than my routine of isopropyl alcohol and baby shampoo. The foundation brushes I like to use are Sigma F88 (flat angle kabuki), Real Techniques Expert Face brush, Sigma F80 paddle foundation brush.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to get this brush! Or any Sigma brush for that matter. Lol. Right now I alternate between the Real Techniques buffing brush and a dupe of the Sephora Mineral Powder brush which I super soft. I find the RT a bit scratchy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to get my hands on this brush for forever! I've heard amazing things about it, and this seems like a brush I would enjoy. Dense brushes are such a pain to clean, I totally agree with you on that ;_;
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig