Friday 18 April 2014

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms


Tease: A burnt orange

Provocateur: A cherry red

Vivacious: A hot pink

Flirtatious: A berry red

Whimsical: A deep pinky purple

Describing colours is really not my forte but can you catch my drift?

Crazy for lip crayons?! I think so. I have been waiting to get my mitts on the Revlon Lacquer Balms ever since they got released and the beauty community went nuts. I finally saw them in store and I just went too crazy and bought the shades that caught my eye {aka half the collection}. And the packaging is so shiny that it sort of maybe reeled me in.

The Lacquer Balms contain Shea, Mango and Coconut butter for moisture making them super comfortable to wear. Although I usually apply some lip balm beforehand, these Lacquer Balms don't dry my lips out which is something I love in lip products. I'm going to be real, I wasn't a fan of the strong peppermint scent from the original Colorburst Balm Stains and I was so relieved that the Lacquer Balms scent isn't as strong.

I must admit when I was swatching the Lacquer Balms in store, I noticed that the amount of glitter varies in colour. Some have visible chunky glitters whilst others have glitters that are barely noticeable. I didn't know if the glitters and I were going to get along but somehow the glitters just don't show up on the lips, but just create a lustre finish. All the shades are well pigmented with one swipe and you can build the opacity up until your desired colour. In the swatches above, I have built up the colour to show you how rich you can make the colour. As it is a lustre finish, you have to re-apply every couple of hours which is to be expected from this type of lip product and they also fade evenly so there's no lip liner effect business going on.

I am so impressed with these Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balms as the original Balm Stains were meh. I have also been playing around with the Matte Balms and a post will be up soon with swatches and everything!

What's your favourite shade from the collection?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh! I've been on the look out for something like this! I may have to go check them out in store, look forward to your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't had a chance to try these out yet but always thought they would just be very sheer and pointless, but man they have a lot of vibrancy to them! i'm keen to get that 'Flirtatious' one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing the matte balms but these look great too. I actually quite liked the original balm stains and hopefully I'll like these too.

    Just followed you girl!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so lovely! I definitely want to give some of these a go and I don't know why I've been putting off that purchase for so long! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a hot pink. This is a great post Mel. Spot on with all your pics showing each colour. : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I'm so tempted right now lol ! Nice swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flirtatious is beautiful!<3

    rimmelsmudge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. The glitter element of these was what originally put me off them, but I'm so tempted to try them out now as I adore the shades! Provocateur especially looks absolutely lovely
    www.millie-grace.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig