Wednesday 12 March 2014

Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Reto Glam Mascara


Last year I mentioned in a favourites post that I was going to do a review on the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara and I just kept putting it off because the mascara and I had a love-hate relationship going on. It was always on my mind to write this post and after having such a long time to test the product out, I thought it was time to give a review.

The mascara tube is black with white circles which is so retro and ties in well with the product and what it's designed for. The only thing about most of the Rimmel Mascaras is that I find them unnecessarily big and bulky and the lid is way difficult to hold because is is wide and short. 

The Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara separates, lengthens and gives volume to create a 60's wide-eye effect. The brush is in a hourglass shape which is designed to coat all your lashes in one coat without any clumps. I do feel like it does get all my lashes when I wiggle the wand through them the first time. I find it easy to get an even application and apply extra coats if necessary. I normally just do one coat because I can see a big difference from my normal lashes with the first coat but there is a small issue with this mascara clumping if you're not careful.

"With" is with ONE coat of Mascara 

Towards the end of the day it does smudge all over the place because it isn't waterproof however there is another Retro Glam Mascara on the market which is waterproof and I wish I was aware of it at the time I bought mine. I understand this mascara won't be everyones cup of tea and even I dislike it sometimes because it irritates the crap out my eyes. Unfortunately I will not repurchase this product in the future because of that reason but I might try the waterproof one out and see if it's any different.

Have you tried the Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara?
I would love to hear your thoughts!
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Rimmel Mascaras never work for me. It might be because the tube is so chunky that I can't control it? I am not sure. Sucks that it irritates your eyes too :(

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! like does the lid really need to be that big?! xx

      Delete
  2. My eyes are extremely sensitive and I know this would never work out for me. The review was really nice and thorough :)

    thebrunettehead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig