Tuesday 7 January 2014

Best of Beauty 2013

Happy New Year you beautiful little buttercups! Wishing you all the best for 2014! 
I thought I would share all the beauty products that I have discovered and loved in 2013. All of these are products that I use regularly



Face:
At the end of 2012 and during 2013 my skin was out of control. I had really severe acne and it was really difficult to cover up because it was very noticeable. Then I decided to ditch all the drugstore foundations and concealers and invested in something that actually cover them up. I decided to try Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions Concealer and their Liquid Foundation. omg, best decision I've ever made because the concealer was full coverage and covered up all the dark spots from my acne and the foundation evened out my skin tone and added more coverage. Towards the end of 2013, my skin has cleared up however I still have dark scars on my face which I need to cover up so I found the L'oreal True Match Concealer which covers them all pretty well and I use the Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation on top to even out my face. I use this foundation every time I go to work because it's very light and then I top it off with the Boujois Healthy Balance Unifying powder. I only work at a supermarket so I don't have to worry to much about covering up everything.

Eyes:
The Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara is my absolute favourite mascara and was discovered in my mum's makeup bag. It's the only mascara that gives me both volume and length as well as being waterproof and not hurting my eyeballs when I've had it on all day. Also in 2013 I got my first MAC eyeshadow and it was "Naked Lunch" and I couldn't have picked out a better colour to start out with .I wear it every time I go out during the day because it's such a subtle pink and looks so natural. 

Lips and Nails:
My lips have gone through the worst in 2013. They have been extremely dry and gross so I've had to put my lipsticks back on the shelf and invest in some lustrous lip balms, glosses and lip butters. I found the Maybelline Color Whipsers {colour shown is "pink possiblilities"} and I love the whole collection. It's perfect for when I go out because they moisturise my lips whilst giving some colour. The same thing applies to the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm {"pink blossom"}, it gives a more natural look compared to the Color Whispers. 2013 has been the year where I have always had my nails painted and the colour that I have been wearing the most is "Misty Jade" from the I Love Lasting Finish by Rimmel which is a bright tiffany blue sort of colour.

What have been your favourite products of 2013?
xx


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Some lovely picks! I am excited to try out Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Concealer as I just received a sample :3 I had sooo many favourites from 2013 :) Can't wait for 2014 to be an amazing year too.\

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this concealer! It does an amazing job! :)

      Delete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig